Wednesday 14 May 2014

Needle Felted Mouse

Hi Everyone! I'm really excited to show you my latest project, as it's the first time I have made anything using a full wire armature.

If you are a fan of Needle Felting then you will more than likely have heard of Sarafina Fiber Arts - She makes the most adorable little critters (which I am totally in love with) and lucky for me, she has also uploaded a series of tutorial videos on Youtube, showing step by step how to make your very own critters!!!

So I had my wire ready, and got some beeswax melting in my oil burner (improvising a little, as I had nothing else to melt it in!)



And I put together my wire armature - as you can see I was following the tutorial on my tablet - forgive the slightly messy workstation, but that's just kind of how I roll!



So, first job was to wrap the tiny fingers and feet (this is where the beeswax was used to help the wool grab to the wire).



Unfortunately I got so engrossed in the project at this point that I forgot to take any more 'during' photos, so we are just going to have to skip to the end! Here is my (almost) finished mouse. I say almost as he just needs some whiskers - I am waiting for some horse hair from a friend in order to do this!





No comments:

Post a Comment