Thursday 22 October 2015

Introducing my Forest Folk Collection!

Hello!!

It's been so long since I posted, I hardly know where to begin. I think, rather than try to post everything that I've made these last 9 months, I think I'll just pick up right where I am now.
I've had such an amazing year in terms of needle felting & I feel that I have progressed a lot even in these last few months.
I've been concentrating on faces just lately, as these were something that I always used to shy away from (because I could never get them right). But then I found an amazing tutorial on YouTube (By the wonderful Sarafina Fiber Arts) on how to properly construct faces when needle felting & suddenly it all made sense.

So I've been making 'People' or 'Forest Folk' to be more exact!

Here are some of my latest creations.....

This is a needle felted Witch. She is needle felted over a wire armature & has a wet felted hat. She carries a real wooden staff.



This next one is a Wizard, Forest Man, Gandalf type creation. Again, he is needle felted over a wire armature with a removable wet felted hat, decorated with curly locks.



Lastly, I have made a Troll/Ogre. He is my largest ever creation, standing at 30cm tall! He is needle felted over wire armature & his robes are made from a mixture of wet and needle felted fibers.


You can find these, along with my other creations over in my Etsy SHop

No comments:

Post a Comment