Thursday 12 November 2015

Needle Felted Nativity Set.

Hi everyone, I'm rather excited about what I'm about to show you, as you may already recognise some of the characters in this set.
Yes, I started making this set a couple of years ago when I made the Three Wise Men, and it was only a few months ago that I took them out of storage & decided to go the whole hog and make a complete set.

First job was to fix Mary's face as I really wasn't happy with the way I left her. I matched her nose to fit in with the other figures, removed her mouth & set her eyes wider apart. (If you really want to see what she looked like before, click here)

Once Mary was finished, I've added Joseph, a Shepherd with his sheep (The sheep has a teeny tiny wire armature inside to make sure it stands up), and of course the Angel Gabriel.
With Gabriel, I went for a sort of Choir boy look, almost like they are all children dressed up performing a school nativity play. I really wanted to keep all the characters quite light-hearted, as with all their bright colours, I felt they all needed to be 'fun'.

So there you have it, Bright, Quirky and a little bit of Fun; My finished Nativity Set.

Post Edit:
Whilst I had originally intended to sell this set & listed it in my Etsy shop. Over the Christmas period I put the set on display in my home & realised that, actually, I couldn't bear to part with it! I've never had a nativity set before & I really, really love these cute little characters. So they will be staying put so that they can be enjoyed by Me and my family, hopefully for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment