Wednesday 9 March 2016

Large Needle Felted Merlin, Blue Wizard Figure.

I have a few WIP photos to show you of my Needle Felted Merlin the Wizard Figure (but only a few, sorry!)

He began life as a wire armature, which I then felted the core wool onto. Once his basic shape was complete, I added his face. (You will have to forgive the crappy picture here, this is an action shot of me felting late at night on the sofa!)



So once I was happy with his face, I gave him a beard using some really fine, tightly curled locks. I wet felted his cape and hat using a rich, dark teal colour.



I then needle felted the white details onto his cape and hat, and I also used some tiny beads to add a bit of sparkle and make him look really magical. I used a gorgeous blue colour for his under robes and finished him off with some leather thong around his middle. I used Polymer clay over a long bamboo stick to make his staff. He's almost 14 inches tall & I think he's gorgeous!




I made a line up of my needle felted figures & stood a Barbie doll between them to give you a better idea of the scale. I think she's enjoying all the attention!


Merlin is available in my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment