Monday 11 July 2016

Wool Dreadlocks. Just for fun!

Hey there!
Just a quickie for your today.
I was going to make some funky hair wraps to brighten up my hair for the summer (now my hair is super long!) and I thought about wet felting some roving that I've had lying around for ages. I consulted the oracle that is Google whist looking for the best way to attach them into my hair and discovered that Wool Dreadlocks are actually a thing!

How I have gone through life not knowing this, I'll never know!

Anywhoo, what started out as a few funky wool extensions......


has turned into a new fangled obsession with wool dreadlocks!
And so I just had to make a full set to try out in my own hair.
I LOVE them!!!!
Sorry some of the pics are a bit dark, they were taken last night once I'd finished installing them.


I ordered some burgundy roving to match my hair colour, as I wanted them to 'blend' in (ish)and I used a few of the coloured ones I made previously to add a splash of brightness. I wet felted them using a bamboo mat to roll them as tightly as I could, then once they were dry, I braided them into my hair.

There are a bazillion tutorials on Youtube for how to make wool dreads, but if you have any questions about my technique or anything else, please ask!
Have a great day! I know I will..........*checking mirror at every opportunity & shaking my hair*
Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment